There are so many instances that I feel that for someone to succeed, they need to have the perfect timing, and that is usually, striving to be the second one in the market or something.. because the first person will be the one who help you breaks the new grounds. For example, I would be so much more weary about the first insurance agent that approach me. Like, I find him super trustworhty and stuff, but the fact that he was the first person that I talk to about products makes me feel that I dont know enough to commit myself to the product. Hence, although he puts in the most effort to sell everything to me, I still scout around for better deals.. wondering if i should really get that. Unfortunately, I found a cheaper deal and I have no idea why its so much cheaper.. so I aint getting the first. I mean, ok in this case it isnt very applicable, but seriously, if I talk to the second insurance agent first, i probably wont buy from her. Seriously. But then again, cause its the second person I talk I will tend to compare it to the first and so on, but still because I'm tired of sourcing for the best deal, cause it pisses me off, I think I will just get it. Stupid guilt tripping insurance agents. Needa remember that I have my customer rights too. Sigh.
Another instance of the second thingy is that, I dont know.. whenever someone suggest something different out of the blue.. like something outrageous idea, everyone will be like NOOOO WAYY and stuff, being veyr negative. But if its the second time some one is mentioning it.. then its just easier to digest the information and ppl becomes more receptive because they are like preempted and stuff right? (ok, so sometimes if i say "NOOOOOOOO?!" for the first time u are asking me something, maybe u just got to ask me another time another day, and i will be like OKIE! haha seriously. sometimes only la!)
Then in another situation is because normally for the first time people are more wary of stuff hence less daring. therefore after the first encounter they may kind of regret not doing whatever they want to do, hence during the second encounter they will be more willing to take the risks and stuff. Haha, and this was the story behind why I agreed to meet an online friend who became my rather good friend only after knowing each other for like barely 3 days online. =.=
And like sometimes food industries and stuff. Actually I kind of find it so unfair?! As in, if you are the first one to have the insights and stuff to branch into the new field of beverage or something.. like the first one to bring doughnuts over or bubbletea over. Somehow its the subsequent _____ that gets popular and everything instead. because the first person is to test the market, and they need like more resources to market and advertise their products to the people. whereas the second person will just leech on whatever foundation the first person has set down. Right?? No concrete evidence for this la, but i have always felt this way. haha dont know why. Like maybe that how sweettalk business sore. And the first bubble tea stall is gone and stuff. but ok la i dun even noe which is the first bubbletea stall.
Its like even in maplestory, if you are the highest level in the party.. you probably dont get as much exp as the second best if you are fighting in a party... hmm, ok la, maybe not. dont know.
ahh, life's unfair.
No comments:
Post a Comment